Bathroom Design and style and Installation tips
Hello I am a lavatory “expert” and have run a organization for quite a few many years specialising in the design and style, provide and installation of bogs in the Edinburgh and Lothians place.
Throughout this time period the organization has been a member of the Federation of Master Builders organisation.
We are frequently asked to offer good top quality, challenging wearing and attractively concluded bathrooms for “acquire to permit” purchasers, younger households and first time dwelling purchasers on a restricted finances. If you abide by our best 10 recommendations under, there is no cause why you can not accomplish identical final results for budgets of less than 4000 pounds.
Our Leading Ten Recommendations for an Economic Toilet Layout and Renovation undertaking
1) Don’t be overly ambitious with your bathroom style and design:- The new tub/shower/wc/basin need to be positioned practically specifically in which the old models have been positioned:- don’t forget that qualified labour charges account for at minimum 70% of an economic system toilet re-in shape and functioning new drainage and h2o supply pipe-operate is time consuming and involves added content expenditures
2) Before you commit any revenue on tiles and fittings, employ the service of an all-trades qualified fitting crew:- There are no cost savings to be created in flooding out your downstairs neighbour by means of botched Diy or through money in hand and “fly by night” cowboys:- If your cautiously chosen and vetted professional outfit does have an unlikely but potentially high priced incident, then the enterprise insurance coverage ( check this out right before hiring them) will include the costs involved:- Pre variety will also let you to entail the gurus in the style and essential product/fittings assortment system
3) Negotiate a set rate with your contractor:- On a labour only basis, and at this time ( outwith the Dublin area) it is possible to employ a good all trades contractor competent in plumbing, builder get the job done, woodwork, plastering, tiling, decorating and electrical get the job done as vital for about 1600-2300 pounds for each regular rest room inclusive of all will work as needed:- Make confident that your contract is in creating and is signed and agreed by each events. There is no will need for a fancy or legally drafted deal:- An exchange of clearly and just expressed handwritten letters or Email messages will represent a binding agreement in any tiny promises court docket if demanded. Thorough range of your contractor must be certain that authorized proceedings are a really not likely consequence of any job, but a effectively constituted agreement is a important and sensible insurance plan for any business transaction.
4) Store all around for your own sanitary fittings:- There are some fantastic discounts to be experienced out there:- For instance, and at the time of producing, B&Q has an superb provide on a full “Sandringham” suite by Armitage Shanks Ltd (inclusive of bathtub, basin/pedestal/wc and faucets) All for significantly less than 200 lbs ( usual checklist value around 600 lbs):- If you see a “named model” shower in a significant retail store don’t invest in it but verify out comparative deals on line for a greater offer.
5) If you have a “combi” boiler in your dwelling you will come across that a thermostatic valve shower or “electricity shower” as it is in some cases acknowledged, is most likely the most affordable and absolutely (performance sensible) the greatest possibility:- keep in mind to check with with your contractor as to which sort to get:- These showers can have an uncovered or hid valve relying on what kind of walls you have:- When selecting an electrical shower, try to remember that the new far more effective showers obtainable currently ( rated up to and beyond 11KW ) will require a more substantial cable and mains circuit breaker installed by a experienced electrician:- Working with a equally rated shower to the existing shower can preserve you hundreds of lbs . in rewiring expenditures.
6) The most generally used tiles by much are ceramic ( as opposed to porcelain, slate or natural stone) they are also normally the lowest priced to lay as they do not call for expert adhesives, cutting or drilling. Some natural stone items also demand periodic sealing to keep their issue. It is vital that you seek the advice of with your contractor before getting tiles or adhesives. The measurement of tiles can be a likely difficulty:- Huge tiles do not commonly operate really properly, visual appeal smart, in a small area and the size of tiles is usually a main situation for partitions and floors that are less than fantastic (Tiles do not bend ):- While smaller sized tiles can usually cope with less than great surfaces, much larger tiles can not:- A excellent tiler will usually do the best he can, but bear in mind that completely 100% ideal tiling is achievable only in laboratory disorders by robots!
7) The color and complete of objects in a lavatory style and design is down to personalized selection. In my expertise simple/neutral coloured tiles and paint finishes get the job done very best. Coloured tile edgings or bands may perhaps conclusion up dictating the color of towels, ornamental components and the foreseeable future paint colours on partitions etc:- A mixture of darkish charcoal floor tiles, white “bumpy” wall tiles, incredibly light-weight grey emulsion partitions and a white painted ceiling is a really price successful but elegant end that operates extremely perfectly for all towel and accent colours specially when put together with silver tile trims/beads and the silver faucets and shower fittings and so forth to be discovered in most bogs:- A very similar influence can be obtained with buff coloured and other neutrally colored tiles:- If you are artistically minded and gifted, do what you want and absolutely you should not pay attention to any bathroom fitter!
8) Your contractor is probable to be on website for any place concerning 7 and 11 performing times. Allow him have a reasonably substantial place on which to preserve his resources, resources and the rest room fittings etcetera:- Any contractor well worth his salt will always regard your residence ( use dust sheets and so on) and will very clear up at the stop of each individual evening. A spare room is great, and with the doorway saved shut to cover the storage spot following the contractor has completed for the day, then the intrusion should be bearable for the agreement length
9) On most rest room tasks it is attainable to maintain a operating bathroom on the go for all but 24 several hours of any contract:- Freshly laid floor tiles have to have time to set prior to correcting the new wc and basin pedestal etc. In the absence of a next bathroom then choice preparations need to definitely be made with neighbours, friends or family members in advance.
10) At last if you are joyful with your rest room allow your contractor know ( all people likes to be thanked for executing a good work) and fork out him instantly. If you desire you can put a fantastic evaluation of his workmanship on the web as a result of your Google account, it will help his internet internet site rankings and also other prospective shoppers looking for reputable and fine craftsmen.
For extra thoughts and details which include our project films and pictures, be sure to stop by our Fb website page at https://www.facebook.com/www.edinburghbathroomsandkitchens/ – I hope you locate the previously mentioned valuable, if so it would be excellent if you could like our site – All the ideal for your long term bathroom installation venture!
Copyrite:- Steve Dalgleish 2011
Expert tilers in Dublin
Welcome to RD Tiling Decor! Set up in 2000, we are leading tilers in Dublin – supplying high-good quality residential and commercial tiling services.
Our outstanding consumer testimonials and a regularly growing popularity has established that we are amongst the foremost tilers in Dublin. And we go on to satisfy consumer demands by providing a tiling service that combines significant-excellent tiles, adhesives, and grouts with market-best practices.
Professional tiling services
We attempt to be your most well-liked tiling company when you need to tile. Consequently, we present a thorough tiling service that covers all areas of floor and wall tiling. Typically, our tilers carry out:
- Floor and wall tiling
- Tile removal and replacement
- Bathroom installation
- Exterior tiling
- Wet room installation
- Underfloor heating
- Swimming pool tiling
With tiling encounter that spans 4 decades, we have tiled in many houses and companies in Dublin. As a final result, our tilers are familiar with laying a huge range of tiles – like:
- Natural stone